Here are some questions and answers that can help determine the
prospect of starting a real estate sign post installation service in
- Q) Can I be an existing post company to buy your product?
- A) Yes you can be an existing post company.
- Q) Can I run this business from my home?
- A) You definitely can start your business from the home.
The question remains, how large do you want to grow? Realistically,
you could operate 500-800 post business from a residential location.
- Q) Am I comfortable with the sales aspect of this field?
- A) To get any sales and service business off the ground,
meet and greet techniques must be utilized along with presentations
of the Quik-Post product line.
- Q) Am I prepared to work 6-7 days a week to get my business
off the ground?
- A) Although installations generally occur only 5 days a
week, administrative work generally happens 6 days a week. At
minimum, it is best to have at least email communication available
to your customers 7 days a week.
- Q) Will the level of competition in my city/area for post
installations and sales be a factor in my success?
- A) We have found that it works in our favor to have a lot
of competition. First, you will be providing an entirely new
and unique product line to the real estate market. Secondly,
there is always room for service companies that actually listen
to customers and provide good service.
- Q) How many MLS listings are currently in your state and
your proposed location?
- Q) How many real estate agents are active in your state
and more importantly within a 50-mile radius?
- Q) How many real estate post companies are there in your
state and your proposed location?
- A) You will have to research this information via Internet,
phone book, sign shops, real estate agents, etc.
- How many installations/removals can a driver complete in
an 8 hour period given a 40 mile radius?
- A) We would estimate in the best conditions 15-20 installations
would be your average. This would not account for weather conditions,
or terrain. However, in densely populated areas we have witnessed
up to 32 stops.
- Q) How many agents will it take to generate 15-20 installs/removals
- A) With our current housing market in states with an average
to low annual growth we can predict you will need 200-250 active
- Q) What is the average installation time once you are on
location for an install?
- A) Using only Quik-Post Systems equipment a standard 6’
arm post will take 5-10 minutes including hanging sign and attaching
riders. A double post may take a few more minutes depending
- Q) What is the maximum distance the majority of post installation
companies will travel from a central location?
- A) We have found that most companies will travel on average
40-50 miles one way for their furthest installations.
- Q) What is an average size post company in the U.S.A. today?
- A) The average size post company will have an inventory
of about 500-1500 posts, most of which will be in the ground.
With several hundred as reserves at least 15% of their stock
will be rotated weekly.
- Q) How many trucks would it take to service a 1500-2500
post business assuming you are rotating about 15% of that stock
- A) A minimum of at least 2 or 3 trucks depending on how
heavy you load a driver.
- Q) Can I start my company with just one truck?
- A) Yes, of course you can. However, a second truck should
be considered in your new business strategy.
- Q) What is considered a large post company?
- A) We have found companies that maintain 5000-10,000 posts
in a 50 mile radius. The larger company will make roughly 250
stops per day.
- Transportation Equipment
- This is the equipment that is designed to haul posts, stakes,
slide hammer, signage, and miscellaneous tools associated with installations.
Once you start using it you’ll understand why there is a method
to the madness. This equipment is mandatory with the start of your
business, and can be mounted in just about anything that is as big
as the Toyota Tacoma’s we currently use. You may choose to have
our company fabricate and mount the equipment for future vehicles,
or use your first one as a model and have it built local, but there
is no obligation to buy from us, we can send many of the parts that
may be needed.
- Methods for Receiving Orders and Payments
- We strongly urge our clients to set-up their businesses using
the most up-to-date systems possible. This being said, we have already
done all of the leg work to establish an online ordering and payment
processing system. This system has been created to reduce the number
of hours spent in the office doing administrative work.
- Web Layout/Design
- You may use the layout, and/or designer of your choice. If you
prefer to use a site similar to the one that Quik-Post Systems has
in place, we will make that option available to you.
- Truck/Trailer/Van Graphics
- Our local installation service company (business model) prides
itself in the professional appearance that sets us apart from other
sign post installation companies. We have purchased brand new Toyota
Tacoma trucks and branded those vehicles with the Quik-Post Logo.
While we recognize the expense related to purchasing a new vehicle,
we believe that the cost is far less than the cost of maintaining
an older and less reliable vehicle, in addition to the lack of fuel
efficiency of larger trucks. The expense of using the vehicle wrap
is negligible compared to the cost of advertising, and the degree
of professionalism that it represents.
Join America's fastest growing vinyl
real estate sign post sales, service and installation business professionals.
CALL NOW 1-800-995-0181
Copyright © 2008-2020
Martin Engineering, LLC. All Right Reserved